Tuesday, January 20, 2009

tommorow is today

when i started school, back in 1960, the school i attended had a black woman principle. I grew up in a blue collar town in south jersey. today, i still live in that town, after living in many beautiful places, oregon, north carolina, i chose to return here so i could be part of my beautiful grandaughter's life, because i decided it was important to me to teach her, to love her, to honor what my parent's did.
and today, i know that the world we live in can change, that i can proudly honor my past, and have hope for our future. Because today, i witnessed history, i regained hope. i remembered that so long ago, i walked into a school and looked up to a beautiful, dignified and respected black woman, in 1960, when other americans were still struggling for equality.
and today, i can believe again, thanks to the people of america that elected this amazing, couragous man. i can be proud. we can all be proud today, and once again have hope for our beautiful country. de la pinche

2 comments:

Steve Morozumi said...

YES WE CAN! thanks for your wonderful post! i am inspired by your story!

-Steve @ fluxlife

sjdinergrrrl said...

yeah steve, lets make a generation have hope. my thing is my line,my beautiful children and my gracious parents. i was taught to vote,to be a citizen.
then the 60's happened, and i had my own expansion of conciousness.
so many years.
i never gave up never forget my heroes, because after all, they matter.thanks for your encouragment.
because love matters.