Friday, December 26, 2008

the day after

work, the diner, lifting tray after tray of "chip" over white, tired tired tired, after 9 hours of endless crap, two lovely black ladies come in for a T-bone. I so want to leave. They eat slowly, daintely. I give them some extra cheese bread to take home. Talk a little with them, find they are Jehovah's Witnesses. They hand me a tip from a two top that shamed me, so involved was I in getting out of the diner. once again, i realized, how little I know.
Then I met with a long time friend I had not seen in 5 years situations and life being what it is.......a friend of 20 years standing. I have dealt with alot of death in my life, but was not prepared for him to tell me his youngest brother had commited suicide a month ago. I listened. I love him.

1 comment:

Steve Morozumi said...

wow. tired from a long day at work and then you get bad news. that's a rough day in my book. way to persevere! my condolences to you and your friend.

-steve @ fluxlife